Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Second Gayest Provence in the Country


The second gayest Provence in Canada is Saskatchewan. I know because it is my home. This summer I went to a bar called the “Pump”. At the time there was some big party or concert or something called “Craven”, I think. What that meant was this bar was full of people dressed as cowboys. So I assume that this bar (which has a fairly suspicious name too) was the towns gay bar that I heard about. I also assume that this province is the host of the largest gay party in the country. I am very sure of it because I can’t really think of anything gayer than wearing a cowboy hat.

Saskatchewan is more progressive than you might think. After all we originated healthcare and instituted gay marriage before it became federal law. I wasn’t surprised when we legalized gay marriage, because I grew up in a small town. Everyone wore cowboy hats there.

The gayest province, by the way, is Alberta. I think you are issued a cowboy hat whenever you cross the border.

Anyway, I tolerate gays. And yes, I mean tolerate, just as I tolerate my friends, family, children, puppy dogs, barefoot walks on the beach and life in general. I don’t see what the big deal is anyway, people can do what ever they want as long as it does not involve extra work on my part.

However, all of the flamboyancy of people wearing cowboy costumes all the time can get a little annoying. I don’t like flamboyancy at all. I really needed to go to a far more masculine, manly place. Quite honestly, somewhere less gay. So that’s why I joined the navy.

No comments: